Travelers come to Lake Ouachita year-round for its scenic beauty and quiet serenity. The same natural splendor that makes it a haven of tranquility also makes it the perfect place to start your life with the one you love, surrounded by family and friends. Learn some of the many reasons Mountain Harbor Resort is the ideal backdrop for your special event.
Arkansas’ largest lake has more than 970 miles of pristine shoreline, and Mountain Harbor Resort sits nestled on some of its most picturesque harbors.
No cathedral could rival the beauty of the lake’s crystal clear waters and luscious greenery. When you plan your outdoor wedding here, nature makes decorating almost effortless.
Add a few simple decorations or just rely on the sparkling waterfront for gorgeous views, natural lighting that makes everyone look their best and endless photo opportunities.
All brides look forward to a day filled with romance, but most know weddings are also an opportunity for stress. When you plan a Mountain Harbor Resort wedding, find on-site catering and have the peace of mind that comes from knowing all facility fees, table and chair rentals and linens are included in one affordable price.
Whether you want an indoor space for a large formal event or a small, intimate ceremony with only your closest family and friends, you’ll find it at one of our four unique venues. Everywhere you go enjoy the luxury of extra space that encourages young guests to explore and family members to socialize.
Couples often rush through the reception to catch a flight to their honeymoon destination, and by the time they arrive they’re exhausted. Enjoy every second of your event knowing you’re just a short distance from your secluded, romantic honeymoon cabin.
Spare guests from having to drive home with a variety of lodging options from hotel rooms, studios, poolside cabanas and more. Turn your wedding into a weekend event everyone can enjoy with as many or as few activities as you want and plenty of wide open spaces.
Try These Decorating Ideas
While you don’t need much, make the most of the natural beauty with these decorating ideas.
- Choose lake motifs – Coordinate invitations and wedding décor by incorporating a crossed paddle or other lake motif. In photos, have your wedding party hold wooden paddles aloft to frame the bride and groom and repeat the theme on wedding stationery and other memorabilia.
- Use Canoes – We have canoes available for rent, and they’re not just for outdoorsmen wanting to explore the lake. Fill one with ice and an assortment of beverages so it’s easy for guests to find their favorites. Consider paddling off into the sunset at the end of the day for an unforgettable exit.
- Go blue – While white is simple and elegant, color-loving brides make Lake Ouachita look even more blue when they choose streamers, ribbons, floral arrangements and bridesmaid gowns in the same hue.
- Release lanterns – Instead of throwing rice or bird seed, end the night with lanterns guests release into the air or float on the lake.
Photos Not to Miss
Pretty much any photo at Mountain Harbor Resort turns out great, but here are a few you might want to ask your photographer to capture.
- Kids playing near the water – Your youngest guests might get their wedding best a little damp when they run along the water’s edge, but they sure look sweet in your wedding photos.
- Sitting in a boat – Float the bride and groom in the water for a breathtaking photo any time of day.
- Kiss on the beach – Capture the moment as you share of your first kisses as a married couple along the shore.
- Jump in the water – End your ceremony with a splash when you and your groom jump in the lake and invite guests to follow. Consider swapping your wedding dress for a white sundress so you don’t have to worry about having it cleaned.
By Missy Ticer